nigerians

Tariff Hike Won’t Improve Supply - NUEE

Tariff Hike Won’t Improve Supply – NUEE

National Union of Electricity Employees (NUEE) has said that plans by electricity distribution companies to increase tariff was merely a ploy to exploit Nigerians. The union said the increase would not in any way improve electricity supply as they are trying to make the public believe. Disclosing this in Lagos yesterday, General Secretary of NUEE, Comrade Joe Ajaero, said tariff increase would not improve electricity supply since power generation is based on gas, which is very expensive.

Lamenting that no single power plant had been constructed in the last seven years, he said the distribution companies were using the increment …

‘Connect Aba to Lagos' – Nigerians React To FG's $1.9bn Rail Line

‘Connect Aba To Lagos’ – Nigerians React To FG’s $1.9bn Rail Line

A cross-section of Nigerians has condemned President Muhammadu Buhari’s approval of over N1 billion contract for a rail line to Niger Republic.

Buhari on Wednesday approved a $1,959,744,723.71 contract for a rail line that would link Nigeria to Niger Republic.

The railways will connect at least seven cities in Nigeria and one city in Niger Republic and is expected to start from Kano, passing through Dambatta, Kazaure, Daura, Mashi, Katsina, Jibia and terminate in Maradi, Niger Republic.

Read Also: Opening The South With Itakpe-Warri Rail Line

This stirred reactions from some Nigerians on Twitter who wondered why the government …

FG Refutes Claims Of Arrest Of Nigerians In Switzerland

FG Refutes Claims Of Arrest Of Nigerians In Switzerland

The Nigerians in Diaspora Commission. has denied claims made in a viral video that staff of the Nigerian Embassy in Switzerland called the police to arrest Nigerian citizens.

A video had surfaced online on Tuesday showing a Nigerian man who claimed the embassy staff sent in police officers to arrest them when they visited the embassy for some documentation.

Also, in the video some Nigerians who were heard shouting, alleged that they had already made payments for their passports to be renewed but the embassy failed to fulfill the service they paid for.

Read Also: No Going Back On Water

Buhari Appoints Sulaiman Ibrahim As New NAPTIP DG

Buhari Reveals How His Govt Will Lift 100m Nigerians Out Of Poverty

President Muhammadu Buhari has re-emphasised his administration’s determination to lift 100m Nigerians out of poverty over the next ten years.

Buhari said his administration would continue to churn out policies and programmes aimed at achieving the target.

He stated this during his closing remarks at the ministerial retreat for Ministers and presidential aides held at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, yesterday.

Buhari, however, stated that Nigeria has what it takes to “weather through the storm” of its current challenges.

Read Also: Buhari Departs Nigeria For Niger For ECOWAS Summit Monday

The President also assured Nigerians that his administration would close …

Nigerians Are Operating Like Chinese, Taking Over Africa - Kenyan

Nigerians Are Operating Like Chinese, Taking Over Africa – Kenyan

Kenyans are not happy with the influx of Nigerians into their country. In recent times, it has been reported that some Kenyans have taken to the social media to vent their frustrations on how Nigerians are slowly monopolising their country with their unorthodox conducts.

According to a Kenyan interviewed in a video making rounds online, there is a problem with Nigerians, there is a general trait Nigerians have, there is an aggression that other people are not comfortable with.

“They are operating like the Chinese, they are finding a way to deposit their population with their cultures which does not

Lawan, Abaribe Trade Words Over Conduct Of 2019 Polls

Closure Of Nigerian Shops In Ghana Xenophobic – Abaribe

Senate Minority Leader, Sen. Enyinnaya Abaribe has described Ghana’s action against nationals of other countries, particularly targeting Nigerians, as an endorsement of xenophobic attacks.

In a statement released by his Media Adviser, Uchenna Awom, he described it as criminal and very disturbing the closure of shops of Nigerians in Ghana by its authorities.

Ghanaian officials had recently sealed off the shops belonging to Nigerian traders in Accra for allegedly failing to have the one-million-dollar equity stipulated by the Ghana Investment Promotions Council.

Abaribe said: “The authorities in that

#EndSARS: Keyamo clarifies Ughelli incident, says victim not dead

774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Clears Air On Jobs Being For APC Members Only

Festus Keyamo, SAN, the Minister of State for Labour and Employment, has warned that the Federal Government’s Special Works Programme (SPW) is for all Nigerians.

He said the job scheme is not only for members of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

The senior lawyer who is in charge of the project said this in a series of tweets on his handle on Sunday.

He said he had never ordered that the forms for the SPW be given to APC members.

Read Also: 774,000 Jobs: FG Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Outburst

Festus Keyamo said the final list of those …

Killings In Katsina, Borno Are As A Result Of COVID-19 – Buhari

Killings In Katsina, Borno Are As A Result Of COVID-19 – Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed concern over the recent killings in Katsina and Borno States.

In his nationwide broadcast to Nigerians on Friday morning, Buhari promised that security agencies were on top of security matters to arrest perpetrators and bring them to justice.

He disclosed that the recent killings in both States were as a result of criminals taking advantage of COVID-19 restriction.

According to him, “I regret recent sporadic incidents with tragic loss of lives in Katsina and Borno States as a result of criminals taking advantage of COVID-19 restrictions. Security Agencies will arrest the perpetrators and bring them

COVID-19 - 10 Dangerous Nigerian States You Must Avoid Travelling To

COVID-19: 10 Dangerous Nigerian States You Must Avoid Travelling To

With the deadly Coronavirus still sweeping massively across the nation, Nigerians must be extremely careful where they travel to or else, they will be brought down by the pandemic.

Currently, Nigeria has raked in 8,915 confirmed cases of Coronavirus since February. It has been able to discharge 2,592 patients who survived the pandemic, with 259 people who died from the pandemic. Nigeria has 6,064 active cases of the virus to deal with as at Thursday, May 28.

Of this skyrocketing figures, 10 states in Nigeria play major roles in ramping up the virus. These states are dangerous to travel to …

Rotimi Amaechi Blasted Over Mission In Politics

Rotimi Amaechi Blasted Over Mission In Politics

Nigerians have reacted to Rotimi Amaechi’s interview where he stated that he didn’t enter Nigerian politics to solve problems but rather because he was unemployed.

In an interview with the Punch newspapers, the Minister of Transportation spoke about his life before and during politics.

Read Also: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics

He shared insights from previous positions as the former governor of Rivers state, Speaker of Rivers House of Assembly, and many others.

Whilst answering a question on how he developed an interest in Nigerian politics, he was quoted as saying; ”My father was a politician. He

NCDC Creating Fears To Market Coronavirus – Nigerians

NCDC Creating Fears To Market Coronavirus – Nigerians

Nigerians are beginning to ask questions on the figures of COVID-19 cases, those who have recovered and the number of deaths.

Speaking with reporters in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, some Nigerians have demanded to know the medication over 745 Nigerians took before they recovered from the pandemic, so that, such treatment or medication can be recommended for the rest of the country.

Ladan Imam, an Islamic scholar in Maiduguri said that fear was being created in the minds of Nigerians and that NCDC was taking things for granted.

“People are

COVID-19 - First Batch Of Stranded Nigerians Depart U.S.

COVID-19: First Batch Of Stranded Nigerians Depart U.S.

About 160 Nigerians, including eight infants, who made the first batch of Nigerians stranded in the United States due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic are on their way back home.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, the evacuees are returning aboard an Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 787 aircraft under the special flight arrangements by the Federal Government for nationals stranded abroad.

In line with the government’s pre-departure infection prevention control guidelines, temperature checks were conducted on the passengers by a special medical team.

The plane departed the Newark International Airport, New Jersey, on Saturday around 8:20 p.m. local time …