nigerians

JAMB to expose prominent Nigerians involved in exam fraud

The Registrar, Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, yesterday said the outcome of its probe into examination fraud between 2009 and 2019 will shock many Nigerians.

He said the board has discovered that some prominent Nigerians occupying high positions in the society did not sit its examination by themselves.

Prof. Oloyede said although the board may not be able to punish the culprits because they have already left the system, it would go ahead to publish their names in order to shame them.

The JAMB Registrar said these yesterday while speaking at the 23rd annual seminar of the …

The outcome of our probe, will shock Nigerians – JAMB

Registrar, Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, on Friday said the outcome of its probe into examination fraud between 2009- 2019 would shock many Nigerians.

He said the board has discovered that some prominent Nigerians occupying high positions in the society today did not take its examination themselves.

Oloyede said although the board may not be able to punish these persons because they had already left the system, but it would go ahead to publish their names to shame them.

READ MORE

Russia urges Nigerians to apply for educational scholarship

The Embassy of Russia in Nigeria, has urged Nigerians to explore opportunity through application for the ongoing Russian Government Scholarship programme, to improve themselves educationally.

Mr Ivan Lydkin, Press Attache of the Embassy, made the call on Wednesday in Abuja while addressing executive members of the National Association of Nigeria Students (NANS).

He described the scholarship programme as Russia’s way to strengthen its bilateral relations with Nigeria, under its reunification intiative.

According to him, one of Russia’s missions here is to introduce Nigeria students to Russia’s academic opportunities, to enable them to improve themselves.

Lydkin said, “We have organised interactive …

Nine Nigerians nabbed in US for multi-million dollar fraud

Nine Nigerians have been arrested in the United States of America for defrauding businesses and individuals of more than $3.5 million.

The United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, Geoffrey S. Berman, and Homeland Security Investigations (HIS) Special Agent-in-Charge of the Tampa, Florida, Field Office of U.S., James C. Spero, announced on Thursday that the suspects committed the fraud through business email compromises, a Russian oil scam, and a romance scam.

READ MORE

60 million Nigerians can’t read and write – FG

Sonny Echono, Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Education, says nearly 60 million Nigerians are illiterates.

Echono made this known on Thursday at the Federal Government College Otobi, during the inauguration of a pilot Literacy Centre for the North Central Geo-Political Zone.

The permanent secretary expressed regret that the illiteracy rate among the youths and adults was high.
According to him, Literacy Centres to be established in 104 Federal Government Colleges (FGCs) are aimed at reducing the high rate of illiteracy at the low cadre staff of the institutions, stressing that the Federal Government designed the literacy programme to cater for …

Algeria, Sudan revolutions, and the myopia of Nigerians

By Odumodu Gbulagu 

 

In quick succession, Algerians and Sudanese people crippled economic activities of their respective countries, occupied the streets and ousted the dictators that had held their countries down for decades.

The sick 82 year old Bouteflika who is confined to the wheelchair, and has ruled for 20 solid years, and was gunning for his fifth term was roundly rejected and ousted.

Both the military, police and other security agencies downed their tools and joined the masses in protest as the society belongs to them too.

The Algerian protest which was called the Smile Revolution, started on 16 …

Hypocrisy of Nigerians condemning xenophobia in S’Africa

By Odumodu Gbulagu

The word Xenophobia came from “Xenos” meaning STRANGE or FOREIGN; and “Phobos” meaning FEAR.
Xenophobia can be then defined as deep rooted fears and hatred towards foreigners.

South Africa is now the world’s headquarters of Xenophobia.
The way and manner they became prejudiced against the people that liberated them from apartheid is still very surprising.

They kill, maim and discriminate against fellow African immigrants with such joy that even women and children are involved in the killings, and they oftentimes sing and watch while their likes are being stoned to death.
The pictures and videos are often …

Xenophobia: Two Nigerians stabbed to death in South Africa

The death toll of Nigerians killed in South Africa has continued to rise with another two being the latest victims in ongoing xenophobic attacks on foreigners in that country.

It was learnt that the latest victims – Bonny Iwuoha and Goziem Akpenyi – were stabbed to death during xenophobic attacks in Johannesburg and Cape Town on April 5 and April 6.

The Assistant Public Relations Officer, Nigeria Union in South Africa (NUSA), Odefa Ikele, confirmed the killings in a telephone interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) from Johannesburg on Monday.

Ikele said: “The Nigerian community lost two citizens …

UAE clarifies: No change in visa policy for Nigerians

The United Arab Emirates(UAE) Embassy in Abuja said the country’s visa policy has not changed, debunking  reports  in the media that it has suspended issuing three-month visa to Nigerian visitors.

An embassy source clarified that the 90-day or 60-day visa is not meant for tourists, but it is issued only to those going to the country for business.

Tourists, the official said, are entitled to 14-day visa.

The Embassy on Thursday on its Twitter handle @UAEEmbassyNGR said; “In the light of the press report published this morning (Thursday 4/4/2019) alleging that the United Arab Emirates has suspended issuing tourist Visa

Jubril to PDP : You still owe Nigerians explanations

Jubril Al-Sudani masquerading as President Muhammadu Buhari has maintained that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) still owes Nigerians explanations for the huge oil receipts it accessed between 1999 and 2014.

Receiving the leadership of organised labour, who were on a congratulatory visit yesterday to the State House, Abuja, the president restated that the current administration met a country with dilapidated infrastructure in 2015. He insisted that the situation calls for a serious probe of what the humongous funds were used for by the opposition party that was then in power for 16 years.

Read More

Nigerians condemn the use of soldiers for election

The protest against military’s involvement in elections continued yesterday with a group in Abuja under the aegis of Save Democracy Women (SDW) cautioning against further deployment of soldiers for polls.

On Tuesday, a pro-democracy group known as Impact Future Nigeria (IFN) staged a peaceful protest in Abuja over the militarisation of the 2019 general elections.

After marching on some roads in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), members of the group, who carried placards with different inscriptions, proceeded to the United States Embassy to express their concerns to the international community. Some of the inscriptions on the placards read: “Our democracy

Jubril, the Impostor thanks Nigerians for stolen victory

Jubril Al-Sudani, Late President Muhammadu Buhari’s Impostor pretentiously thanked Nigerians as if he was indeed elected by the Nigerian masses.
It is a known fact in the country that he is an Impostor unleashed by the All Progressives Congress(APC) Cabal to perpetually rule over Nigerians. And because many Nigerians are scared of losing their lives considering the high-handedness of the APC maladministration to voice out the truth that they are being ruled by an Impostor, they kept quiet about the situation.