Gaza

Israeli Army Chief Okays ‘Next Phase’ In Gaza Conflict

Israeli Army Chief Okays ‘Next Phase’ In Gaza Conflict

Israel’s top military commander announced on Sunday that the army is preparing to intensify its offensive in Gaza, unveiling what he described as the “next phase” of the war—one that would deepen the campaign against Hamas while laying the groundwork for the reoccupation of the territory.

Lt. Gen. Eyal Zamir, Israel’s chief of staff, made the remarks during a field tour of the Gaza Strip, where fighting has raged for ten months. “Today we are approving the plan for the next phase of the war,” he said in a statement released by the army. He insisted that Israeli forces had …

Israel-Gaza: Origins, Effects, And Paths To Peace

Israel-Gaza: Origins, Effects, And Paths To Peace

The Middle East, often depicted as a mosaic of intertwined histories, religions, and cultures, has been a focal point of global attention for its geopolitical importance and the myriad conflicts that have plagued the region. Among its numerous flashpoints, the Israel-Gaza conflict emerges as particularly poignant, not just because of its longevity but due to its intricate web of sociopolitical and territorial complexities.

At the heart of this conflict lies a juxtaposition of two narratives, each deeply rooted in historical legitimacy and national identity. From the crumbling vestiges of the Ottoman Empire to the influential Balfour Declaration of 1917, …

Tension As Palestinian Militants Target Jerusalem

Tension As Palestinian Militants Target Jerusalem

Israel on Sunday continued the ongoing bombardment of Islamic Jihad positions in the Gaza Strip for a third straight day as violence escalated. So far 31 Palestinians reported dead even as militants began firing their first rockets at Jerusalem.

No fewer than six children were among those who were killed in the latest ‘Israeli aggression’ since Friday, and 265 people have been wounded, said health authorities in the Islamist-run enclave where several buildings were reduced to ruins.

The fighting is the worst to hit Gaza since last year’s conflict, which left the 2.3 million Palestinians living there in poverty and …

Israeli Air Raids Target Gaza For Second Time After Ceasefire

10 Reported Dead As Israel Launches Multiple Airstrikes On Gaza

It has been reported that at least 10 people have been killed after some of the Israeli forces had hit some targets in Gaza, Palestinian health officials reported on Friday.

Among the dead was a five-year-old, and 44 people were wounded in the strikes, added officials. Palestinian officials claimed one of those who had died was a senior militant.

Israel said it was targeting the Islamic Jihad group and the strikes came after tensions were heightened following the arrest of a senior militant, Bassam al-Saadi, in the occupied West Bank earlier this week.

Read Also: Israeli Air Raids Target Gaza

Egypt-Gaza Crossing Opens For First Time In Months

Egypt-Gaza Crossing Opens For First Time In Months

The only crossing between Gaza and Egypt opened on Tuesday for 72 hours, allowing people to leave the Palestinian enclave for the first time since the novel coronavirus outbreak began.

The Rafah crossing in southern Gaza was closed in March, as Hamas, the Islamist group that controls the strip, sought to guard against a major virus outbreak in the densely-populated territory with weak health infrastructure.

Rafah was opened for three days in April, but only to allow Gazans stranded abroad to return home. The crossing re-opened for limited two-way movement on Tuesday.

Read Also: Egypt Female Tiktok Influencers Get Two-Year

Cyprus Gets First Coronavirus Death, Gaza Gets First Case

Cyprus Gets First Coronavirus Death, Gaza Gets First Case

While the first death occurred in Cyprus due to the new type of coronavirus (COVID-19), it was reported that the first case of coronavirus was detected in Gaza.

Cyprus A 70-year-old male patient, who was diagnosed with coronavirus, died in a statement by the Ministry of Health.

As a result of the identification of 9 new cases in Southern Cyprus, it was announced that the total number of cases reached 84.

The first case in Gaza

On the other hand, for the first time, coronavirus cases were reported in the Gaza Strip under blockade. Deputy Minister of Health Yusuf Eburriş …