election

Court nullifies suit seeking to disqualify Wike in election

Justice Inyang Ekwo of the Abuja Division of the Federal High Court on Friday dismissed a suit seeking the disqualification of Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State in the March 9, 2019 governorship election.

The suit was dismissed on the grounds that the plaintiff failed to provide credible evidence of forgery against the governor.

The plaintiff, a Rivers State indigene, Elvis Chinda, had filed the suit last year praying the court to interpret certain sections of the Electoral Act which deal with presentation of forged document to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) by aspirant seeking clearance to contest an

Nigerians condemn the use of soldiers for election

The protest against military’s involvement in elections continued yesterday with a group in Abuja under the aegis of Save Democracy Women (SDW) cautioning against further deployment of soldiers for polls.

On Tuesday, a pro-democracy group known as Impact Future Nigeria (IFN) staged a peaceful protest in Abuja over the militarisation of the 2019 general elections.

After marching on some roads in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), members of the group, who carried placards with different inscriptions, proceeded to the United States Embassy to express their concerns to the international community. Some of the inscriptions on the placards read: “Our democracy

Card readers mandatory in Saturday’s Election, INEC insists

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) said the use of smart card readers (SCRs) is mandatory in Saturday’s governorship and State Houses of Assembly elections.
INEC National Commissioner and Chairman Information and Voter Education Committee, Festus Okoye, said this in Abuja yesterday.Okoye said the clarification became necessary following allegations, since the conduct of the February 23, presidential and National Assembly elections, that INEC was selective in the use of smart card readers.He said the allegations had led to speculations that INEC might be forced to jettison the use of SCRs in the state and FCT area council polls.

He said:

Presidential Election was neither free nor Fair – Obi

Thanks Nigerians for supporting PDP, justifies court action

The running mate to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, in the just concluded presidential election, Mr. Peter Obi, has said that the just concluded presidential and National Assembly elections were neither transparent, free, fair nor credible.

Read More

Revealed! Plan to disrupt Rivers Governorship Election

NDDC, Ministry of Transportation relaese 3 billion naira for Rivers APC illegal protests 

The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) and the Ministry of Transportation have jointly released ₦3 billion for the funding of 4-day protests by the Rivers APC against the conduct of the Governorship and State Assembly elections.

The funds are for the hiring of thugs, sponsorship of army and SARs violence, illegal protests and manipulation of INEC field staff.

The Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi obtained the approval which compelled the NDDC and his ministry to fund the protests.

Read More

Charlyboy berates 2019 Presidential election results

Veteran Nigerian entertainer, Charly Boy has congratulated Jubril Al-Sudani, Muhammadu Buhari’s Impostor following the announcement that is the winner of the 2019 presidential election some few hours ago.

In his message, Charly Boy hailed Jubril Al-Sudani (President Buhari) and his cabal brothers for how smartly they operated in the politics of Nigeria.

Read More

Presidential Election: Latest results

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has announced the results of the presidential election in 13 of the 23 local government areas in Kaduna State, with President Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress (APC) winning in eight of the local councils.

APC dismisses election in Enugu, demands cancellation

The party called for the cancellation of the election in Enugu even before the release of the result.

At the conference were the standard bearer of the party in the state, Senator Ayogu Eze, the Enugu east senator candidate, Prince Lawrence Eze, the Enugu west senatorial candidate, Juliet Ibekaku-Nwagwu and the candidate of Enugu north, Hon Eugene Odoh.

The state chairman of the party, Dr Ben Nwoye who addressed reporters in Enugu yesterday alleged among other things that there were imported election officials that conducted the election in the state.

Read More

NYSC warns members on election duty not to accept snacks

The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) on Wednesday warned corps members on election duty to desist from receiving snacks and drinks from unknown persons during elections.

Maj.-Gen. Suleiman Kazaure, NYSC Director-General, gave the warning while addressing the corps members in Gombe. Kazaure, who was represented by Mr Zakaria Alphonso, Assistant Director, Mobilisation, NYSC, Abuja, said that such gifts could harm them. “Because such items can be poisoned or flavoured with drugs that can induce sleep,” he said.

He advised the corps members to make personal feeding plans and water, and make they do not over feed. “Rather, you should go …