denies

Lassa Fever: Enugu Govt Denies Rumoured Death Of Nurse

The Enugu State Government has dispelled the rumour making the rounds that one of the nurses that treated the patient who died of Lassa fever has also died.

Reacting to the rumor, the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, Dr. Ifeanyi Agujiobi, said that the information was false, unfounded and misleading.

Dr. Agujiobi advised the public, especially residents of the state, not to panic but go about their normal duties.

He said the health ministry will continue to ensure that universal health precautions are strictly observed”.

The permanent secretary disclosed that

Ohanaeze Ndigbo Denies Congratulating Senator Hope Uzodinma

The Ohanaeze Ndigbo has distanced itself from the purported congratulatory message sent to Senator Hope Uzodinma after the Supreme Court declared him the winner of Imo state governor.

The Ohanaeze Ndigbo noted that Senator Hope Uzodinma came under a circumstances many are uncomfortable with, urging the Apex Court to respect the rule of law.

A statement signed by Uche Aching Okpaga, Ohanaeze’s National publicity Secretary, made available to newsmen on Wednesday, also warned its estranged secretary against using its name.

The statement explained, “I have been inundated with calls and text

NERC Denies Increase In Electricity Tariff

The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) on Sunday said no tariff increase was approved by the commission.

NAN had reported that President Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government through the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission, NERC, approved an increase in electricity tariff by the Electricity Distribution Companies, DisCos, in the country.

The directive of the new tariff regime for different DisCos and category of customers was published on NERC website on Saturday.

The directive was signed by the NERC Chairman, Prof. James Momoh and Secretary, Mr. Dafe Akpedeye.

But, Mr Usman Arabi, General

Suspect Denies Stabbing Five At New York Rabbi’s Home

A suspect appeared in a New York court on Sunday charged with five counts of attempted murder after a stabbing spree at a rabbi’s suburban house that left Hanukkah celebrants throwing furniture to defend themselves.

It was the latest in a spate of attacks on Jewish targets.

Grafton Thomas, 37, allegedly entered the property in Monsey, Rockland County, during celebrations on Saturday evening for the Jewish Hanukkah festival, knifing several people with a machete before fleeing.

US media reported that the suspect was covered in blood when officers detained him.

Thomas was ordered held in custody after appearing in …

China Denies Uighur Academic Was Sentenced To Death

China denied on Friday that detained Uighur academic Tashpolat Tiyip was secretly tried and sentenced to death after UN experts demanded answers from Beijing.
The foreign ministry said former Xinjiang University president Tiyip’s case was still ongoing and his rights had been “protected in accordance with the law”.

Tiyip was “suspected of corruption and bribery,” foreign ministry spokesman Geng Shuang said at a regular briefing Friday.

Amnesty International said in September that it feared Tiyip, a prominent geographer, faced imminent execution after being “convicted in a secret and grossly unfair trial”.

Tiyip was believed to have been convicted of “separatism”

Guardiola Denies Man City Break Clause

Pep Guardiola has denied reports that he has a break clause in his Manchester City contract that would allow him to leave the Premier League champions at the end of the season.

The Catalan signed a deal last year keeping him at the Etihad Stadium until 2021, but reports had suggested that it included an option allowing Guardiola to depart 12 months early.

Speculation about his future has surfaced with City trailing leaders Liverpool by 14 points.

“No,” It is not true,” Guardiola said at Friday’s pre-match press conference when asked about whether the break clause exists. “I spoke …

EFCC Denies Dropping Charges Against Diezani

Nigeria’s anti-fraud office on Wednesday denied dropping graft charges against former minister of petroleum resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke.
“It is fake news, just disregard it,” Wilson Uwujaren, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission spokesman, told The Guardian Nigeria in a phone conversation.

“It is fake news, just disregard it,” Wilson Uwujaren, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission spokesman, told The Guardian Nigeria in a phone conversation.

Asked if there was an amendment of charges against the former minister, Uwujaren again said it is all “fake news.”

The EFCC spokesman in a statement explained that prosecution of Diezani for a 14-count charge has suffered

Presidency Denies Blackmailing Jonathan To Support APC

The Presidency has described as “false and irresponsible” reports that former President Goodluck Jonathan was blackmailed to support the governing party, APC, in recent Bayelsa State elections.

Speaking to newsmen in Abuja on Tuesday, Senior Special Assistant to the President, Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, expressed shock that such a story could be considered believable to the point of being given space in some newspapers.

“It just doesn’t make any sense,” Shehu said.

“Our media really must learn to verify whatever they publish. And people who make wild allegations during interviews …

Ebonyi Denies Using Bakassi Militia To Attack IPOB

Ebonyi State government yesterday denied a report that Governor Dave Umahi floated a group called ‘Bakassi Boys’ to attack the Federal Government-proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).
The Biafra Restoration Voice (TBRV) had alleged on social media that Umahi had commissioned the said security group.“Governor David Umahi has just commissioned a group of men called Bakassi Boys in Ebonyi to attack IPOB members,” the grouped alleged.Denying the allegation, the Commissioner for Internal Security and Border Peace, Stanley Emegha, said the state had no other internal security outfit except the Neighbourhood Watch, describing the information about Bakassi Boys as strange.

Read

Kogi Poll: CAN President Denies Praying For Yahaya Bello

President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Reverend Samson Ayokunle, has refuted claim that he prayed for the re-election of Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello.

Bello, who is contesting the November 16 governorship poll in the state along with other candidates, was spotted in a photograph holding hands with the CAN president in which they were said to be praying.

Ayokunle, in a statement by the Director, Legal and Public Affairs, Kwamkur Samuel Vondip, said the picture trending in the social media was taken with Bello sometimes in July when he proposed to lay the foundation of the …

DSS Denies Opening Fire On Protesters

The Department of State Services (DSS) has denied the report that its operatives opened fire on protesters that stormed its headquarters in Abuja on Tuesday.
The statement signed by the DSS Public Relations Officer, Peter Afunanya, claimed that though it acted according to normal global security practice in defending its facility from some group that made unruly attempts to forcefully broke into and effect the release of Omoloye Sowore, it did not open fire on protesters.
“The DSS wishes to state that its operatives did not open fire on alleged protesters who had stormed its facility on 12th November, 2019.…

Kogi Poll: UPC Candidate Denies Stepping Down For Bello

Dr Sunday Abuh, candidate of the United Peoples’ Congress (UPC), in the Nov 16 Kogi governorship election, has distanced himself from claims that he had stepped down from the race and endorsed All Progressives Congress’s Yahaya Bello.

Mr Moses Damisa, UPC Chairman in Kogi, had told newsmen on Friday that Abuh had stepped down for Gov Bello, adding that the party’s structure had been collapsed into Bello’s structures.

Damisa urged UPC supporters to vote for Bello, hinging his stance on allegations that Abuh was “not carrying the party along in his campaigns ahead of the election”.