confirms

FMC Confirms Three Cases Of Lassa Fever, One Death In Kogi

The Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Lokoja in Kogi State has confirmed three cases of Lassa fever and one death in the last one week in the hospital.

The Head of Clinical Services (HCS), FMC Lokoja, Dr Bernard Ododo, disclosed this in an interview with journalists on Sunday in Lokoja.

Ododo said that five suspected cases of Lassa fever were reported in the hospital in the last one week, out of which three were positive, and one died.

”Five suspected cases reported at the hospital in the last one week; three already tested positive, of which one died.

”Two cases already …

Rohr Confirms Talks With NFF For February

Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr, has confirmed that the decision to put an end to his contract issue had been discussed and he would meet with the Nigeria Football Federation officials in February to finalise details of his contract.

The Franco-German stated this during an interview with French outlet, Girondins Analyze, as he hinted at a long stay with the Eagles.

The 69-year-old, who led the Eagles to a third place finish at the Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt last year, is in the last six months of his contract and is eligible to discuss terms with whoever is …

NUC Confirms Review Of Nigeria’s University Curriculum

The Executive Secretary of the National Universities Commission (NUC), Prof. Abubakar Rasheed, said the agency was in the final stage of “a draft review’’ of Nigeria’s university curriculum.

NAN reports that Rasheed stated this at a high-level interactive dialogue commemorating this year’s International Day of Education at the United Nations Headquarters in New York.

Speaking as a panelist at the event, he said the move was part of efforts by the Federal Government to revitalise the country’s tertiary education system.

“We are about to conclude the draft review of the entire country’s curriculum, working closely with the industries in the

Justin Bieber Confirms A 2020 Album And Tour

Canadian artiste, Justin Bieber on Christmas eve dropped the best news ever, he is releasing a new album in 2020 and as if that is not enough, he has a tour planned as well.

Bieber’s music comeback has fans elated as he has been teasing that new music would be coming in the New Year.

To make his big announcement, he dropped a video to confirm all he has planned for 2020 with his first track titled “Yummy” slated for a January 3 release date.

He shared this news with his fans via a YouTube video, in which he says,

B/Haram: Army Confirms 32 Dead As Troops Clash In Yobe

The troops of Sector 2 Operation LAFIYA DOLE in conjunction with the Air Task Force Operation LAFIYA DOLE delivered a humiliating defeat to a group of Islamic State’s West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorists on 22nd December, 2019 during a massive failed attempt by the criminal insurgents to infiltrate Damaturu, the Yobe State capital.

A statement by Col. Aminu Iliyasu on Tuesday said, during the encounter, the resilient troops promptly mobilized and blocked the criminal insurgents’ advance along Gashua Road in the outskirts of Damaturu.

Read Also: Buhari Is Poised To Reposition NDDC –Minister

The statement said: “The troops thereafter engaged

RB Leipzig Boss Confirms Haaland Talks

RB Leipzig coach Julian Nagelsmann confirmed Friday holding talks with Salzburg’s teen striker Erling Haaland, who Bundesliga rivals Borussia Dortmund are also reportedly chasing.

“I tried to explain my idea of football to him in good English,” said Nagelsmann, whose side are second in the Bundesliga, a point behind leaders Borussia Moenchengladbach.

“I think it was a good conversation, but there is nothing new to announce.”

Leipzig and Salzburg are sister clubs, both backed by energy drinks giant Red Bull.

Earlier this week, several German media outlets reported that the prolific 19-year-old Norway forward met with Dortmund on Wednesday.

Haaland …

Chile Confirms Finding Human Remains From Missing Plane

Chile confirmed Thursday that human remains and debris found by search ships are from a military plane reported missing with 38 people aboard, and the chances of finding survivors is “practically impossible.”

“The condition of the plane wreckage that was found makes it practically impossible that there are survivors from this air accident,” Air Force chief Arturo Merino told a news conference in the southern port of Punta Arenas.

Merino, flanked by Defense Minister Alberto Espina and other officials, confirmed reports that human remains had also been recovered from the sea.

“Along with the parts of the plane that have …

German Museum Confirms 49-Carat Diamond Among Heist Haul

A 49-carat diamond which analysts estimate to be worth up to $12 million was among over a dozen jewel-encrusted items snatched from a German state museum in a spectacular heist, the museum confirmed Wednesday.

Publishing a list of the pieces taken in Monday’s brazen raid, the Green Vault museum at Dresden’s royal palace said the items stolen included a sword whose hilt is encrusted with nine large and 770 smaller diamonds, and a shoulderpiece which contains the famous 49-carat Dresden white diamond.

Eleven pieces were removed completely, while individual parts of a further three items were also missing.

The Dresden …

Helicopter

NAF Confirms Helicopter Crash In Enugu, No Casualty

A statement on Friday in NAF’s Twitter handle said that the incident occurred after a routine flight and that though the blades of the helicopter broke but there were no casualties.

The statement said that the cause of the incident could not be ascertained.

The statement reads: “@NigAirForce Helicopter has crashed on landing in Enugu after a routine flight today. Fortunately, there were no fatalities or injuries to any crew member or persons on the ground.

Read Also: Sowore Speaks From

Dikko Confirms Broadcast Rights Deal For NPFL

Dikko Confirms Broadcast Rights Deal For NPFL

The League Management Company chairman, Shehu Dikko, has confirmed to www.brila.net that the League body reached a broadcast rights deal for the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) this season.

Reports of a multi-million dollars broadcast deal with Next TV, a Republic of China business entity, first broke last Thursday, but the details were sketchy.

But, the LMC Boss, yesterday, revealed that a deal was, indeed, agreed and the 20 clubs of the NPFL have been briefed.

“The details of the contract will be discussed at a later time. We just briefed the clubs on the projects we have. We …

Senate Confirms NDDC Board Nominees

Senate Confirms NDDC Board Nominees

Senate yesterday confirmed the nomination of 15 members of the governing board of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), rejecting, however, one other nominee, Dr. Joy Nunieh.

The upper legislative chamber also confirmed the nominations of a new Chief Judge for the Federal High Court and President of the National Industrial Court (NIC).

Nunieh, a nominee from Rivers State, was declined confirmation by the Senate due to her failure to appear for screening before the Senate committee on Niger Delta, which screened the nominees last week.

This was sequel to the presentation of the report of the Senate Committee on …

Senate Confirms Tsoho As Chief Judge Of Federal High Court

Senate Confirms Tsoho As Chief Judge Of Federal High Court

The Senate on Tuesday confirmed the appointment of Justice John Tsoho as the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court.

The confirmation followed a report submitted by Sen. Michael Bamidele, Chairman, Senate Committee on Judiciary, Human Rights and Legal Matters which recommended the confirmation of Tsoho’s appointment.

News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalled that the Senate at Plenary on  Oct. 29 deliberated on President Muhammadu Buhari’s request for the confirmation of the nomination of Tsoho for appointment as Chief Judge of the Federal High Court.

Presenting the report, Bamidele said that the appointment became necessary as a result of the …