Boko Haram

Insurgents

Nigeria: Insurgents Likely Receiving Foreign Govt Backing

There is a possibility that foreign governments are funding insurgents in the country, Babajimi Benson, Chairman, House Committee on Defense said on Wednesday after a closed-door meeting held with service chiefs.

Last week, amidst growing concerns of insecurity in the country, the House of Representatives called for the resignation of the military chiefs, but had at first summoned them.

The resulting meeting was a joint one by the committees on Army, Navy, Airforce, Defence and National Intelligence.

Briefing journalists on what transpired during the meeting, Mr Benson told them “there could be some truth” in the insinuation that foreign powers …

Boko Haram

Kidnapped Corps Member Opts To Work For Boko Haram

A corps member abducted by the Boko Haram, Mr. Abraham Amuda has said he is ready to live under the Boko Haram caliphate and continue his humanitarian work.

Amuda, who was a Batch B National Youth Service Corps(NYSC) member undertaking his primary assignment with Borno Council for Arts and Culture, was abducted in 2019 along Maiduguri-Gwoza road while travelling to Chibok to deliver relief materials with a Living Faith Church Pastor, Moses Oyeleke, who was also abducted but subsequently released.

They were believed to have been abducted by the Ibrahim Shekau’s …

Boko Haram

Don’t Panic Over Boko Haram Threats – Military

The military has said there was no need for the current panic situation in the country over Boko Haram threats, insisting that it was tackling the security challenge with new measures.

Theatre Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, Maj. Gen Olusegun Adeniyi at a press conference yesterday in Maiduguri said, Boko Haram’s recent  attacks on major highways in Borno were signs of the group’s move to remain relevant in the media having received military forces bombardments in most parts of the northeast where they previously held sway.

“There is nothing to panic about because the Nigerian military is taking measures to deal …

Boko Haram

APC Insists Boko Haram Suffering Heavy Casualties

Despite the recent calls for the sack of the Military Service Chiefs following the recent surge in Boko Haram attacks and other criminal activities across the country, the All Progressives Congress (APC) has insisted that the Islamic sect and bandits are suffering heavy casualties on a daily basis in the hand of the military.

The National Publicity Secretary, Mallam Lanre Issa-Onilu, in a statement issued yesterday stated categorically that no inch of Nigeria’s territory is under the control of Boko Haram.

He noted that the recent public commentaries on the activities of Boko Haram and bandits as well as other …