banned

‘Sugar Rush’ Movie Banned From The Cinemas

NVFCB orders cinemas to stop showing Sugar Rush movie

The National Film and Video Censors Board has ordered cinemas nationwide to stop showing a recently released movie, Sugar Rush.

The NVFCB, Executive Director, Adedayo Thomas, however, told newsmen that the movie was not suspended because of some scenes found to portray the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission as an incompetent organisation.

The film, which has grossed about N160m since its release on December 25, 2019, was directed by Kayode Kasum and largely publicised by singer Bankole Wellington aka Banky W and wife, Adesua.

The movie was, however, removed from cinemas …

Miss Ukraine Banned By Miss World For Being Single Mum

A BEAUTY queen is taking legal action against the Miss World contest after she was banned for being a mum.

Veronika Didusenko, 24, was crowned Miss Ukraine in 2018 but stripped of her title four days later when it was revealed she was divorced with a son.

She should have gone on to represent her country in the Miss World finals but was banned from taking part and replaced by another contestant.

Veronika claims bosses of the UK-owned Miss World franchise are in breach of the Equalities Act 2010 and has demanded they change their “outdated” entry rules.

She …

Card Girls Banned From Anthony Joshua And Andy Ruiz Fight

The sanctions are starting to come in now, the modifications and exceptions; Ring girls have been banned from the Andy Ruiz and Anthony Joshua Saudi Arabia bout in line with the strict Islamic laws that govern that region.

Read Also: Liverpool Stretch Lead As Man City, Chelsea Stumble

It is still unclear if alcohol and booze will be allowed at the venue as Saudi Arabia has been known to be a very closed society prior to this time but the kingdom seems to be welcoming foregners and opening its borders to the world with events such as this.

The bout …

Chinese Pilot Banned From Flying After Cockpit Photo

A Chinese pilot has been banned from flying after a photo went viral showing a female passenger in the cockpit.

The photo was taken in January on an Air Guilin flight from Guilin city to Yangzhou city, state media said, but was widely shared this week – causing the airline to take action.

It shows a woman posing in the cockpit with refreshments laid out next to her.

Air Guilin said in a statement the pilot had violated air safety regulations.

‘Thanks to the captain’

The incident took place on 4 January on flight GT1011 from Guilin city to Yangzhou

CAN chairman wants Danfo buses banned from Lagos roads

CAN chairman wants Danfo buses banned from Lagos roads

Chairman of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Lagos chapter, Apostle Alexander Bamgbola, has said commercial commuter buses popularly called Danfo should be banned from Lagos roads, as they constitute nuisance to effective management of traffic in the state.

He made this known yesterday at the Vehicle Inspection Service (VIS) and Ministry of Home Affairs Interfaith Safety seminar, organized by Lagos State Computerised Vehicle Inspection Service (LACVIS) to sensitize Lagosians on the need to obey traffic laws.

The cleric said: “We do not want to see Danfo on Lagos roads, they are evil. If anyone is arrested for any traffic-related …

Christchurch attack: NZ sets $135m to buy back guns banned

Christchurch attack: NZ sets $135m to buy back guns banned

New Zealand’s government on Thursday launched a multi-million-dollar, six-month guns “buy-back” scheme to compensate owners of powerful but newly banned semi-automatic weapons prohibited in the wake of deadly attacks on two mosques in the Southern city of Christchurch.

Finance Minister Grant Robertson and Minister of Police Stuart Nash said in a joint emailed statement that NZ$208 million ($135.97 million) had been set aside to compensate owners of the banned semi-automatic firearms up to 95% of the original cost.

They would have until Dec. 20 to hand in their guns.

“Police have detailed plans in place for the next step, which …

7,000 Kebbi Poly students banned from writing exams

7,000 Kebbi Poly students banned from writing exams

The Kebbi Government has appealed  to the management of Umaru Waziri Polytechnic, Birnin Kebbi to reconsider the banning of 7,000 Kebbi students from writing semester examinations over the government failure to settle the students tuition fees.

The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Higher Education, Dr Isah Sama, told newsmen in Birnin Kebbi on Tuesday that the action of the Polytechnic did not reflect the good spirit of understanding between it and the state government.

“We were quite surprised when we heard that the management of the Waziri Umaru Polytechnic, Birnin Kebbi, has denied both our returning and fresh students access …