June 20, 2022

Terrorists Attack Church In Kaduna, Kill Three, Injure Scores

Terrorists Attack Church In Kaduna, Kill Three, Injure Scores

St. Moses Catholic Church, Robuh, Ungwan Aku in the Kajuru Local Government Area of Kaduna State was attacked by unknown gunmen while worshippers were winding down the first mass.

Africa Daily News, New York gathered that it was in the course of the attack on the church that three worshippers were killed while many others were kidnapped by the gunmen.

One of the victims of the attack, according to credible sources was brought to St. Gerard Catholic Hospital, Kaduna for medical attention.

Africa Daily News, New York also gathered that the gunmen came to the church in their large numbers …

El-Rufai Sacks Over 2000 Teachers ‘For Incompetence’

El-Rufai Sacks Over 2000 Teachers For ‘Incompetence’ In Kaduna

The Kaduna State Universal Basic Education Board (KADSUBEB) has sacked 2,357 teachers for their inability to pass the competence test held in the state.

KADSUBEB’s public relations officer, Hauwa Mohammed, said in a statement that the Board conducted a competence exam for over 30,000 instructors in December 2021.

She said that 2,192 elementary school teachers had been fired for refusing to take the test, including the National President of the Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT).

According to her, 165 of the 27,662 teachers who took the competency test were fired because of unsatisfactory results.

Read Also: Kaduna Sacks 233 Teachers,

FG Orders DisCos To Resume Free Metre Distribution

Power: FG Orders DisCos To Resume Free Metre Distribution

The Federal Government of Nigeria has given instructions to electricity distribution companies to resume the Metre Assets Providers programme, recently slowed down by the National Mass Metering Programme.

Although the DisCos’ MAP has been in place for some time, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo’s NMMP initiative was launched in 2020 to address the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry’s (NESI) large metering gap.

FG’s NMMP intervention in Phase 0 covered almost 800,000 households, whilst the MAP had barely reached 400, 000 houses by 2020.

Garuba Sanusi, Chairman of the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission, announced last week that Phase 1 of the Federal Government’s …

Peacekeepers Bombed In Mali, Guinean Soldier Killed

Peacekeepers Bombed In Mali, Guinean Soldier Killed

UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has denounced an attack on a UN peacekeeping convoy in Kidal, northern Mali, that resulted in the death of a Guinean soldier.

An improvised explosive device (IED) detonated during a UN Stabilisation Mission in Mali (MINUSMA) mine detection operation, killing the Guinean peacekeeper.

The secretary-general expressed his profound sympathies to the victim’s family and comrades in arms, as well as the people and authorities of Guinea, in a statement issued by UN Deputy Spokesperson Farhan Haq.

Read Also: Somalia Gets $105m Support From U.S. Amid Worst Drought

Guterres recalled that under international law, attacks targeting …

2023: Kwankwaso Will Not Be Peter Obi’s Running Mate – NNPP

2023: Kwankwaso Will Not Be Peter Obi’s Running Mate – NNPP

The New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP), has denied media reports that its presidential candidate, Rabiu Kwankwaso has agreed to run for the 2023 presidential election as a running mate of the candidate of Labour Party, Peter Obi in next year’s general elections.

National Publicity Secretary of NNPP, Dr Agbo Major, who made this known in Abuja on Sunday, said contrary to reports, there was never a time such a discussion or negotiation was held between Kwankwaso and Obi.

Agbo Major, however, pointed out that there is an alliance talk with the Labour Party on how to rescue the country’s democracy …

Tension As Palestinian Is Shot Dead By Israeli Forces

Tension As Palestinian Is Shot Dead By Israeli Forces

A Palestinian worker was shot dead by Israeli forces on Sunday while crossing a security barrier in the occupied West Bank, Palestinian sources said.

Nabil Ghanem, 53, of the West Bank city of Nablus, was identified as the man killed by the Palestinian health ministry.

Ghanem is one of the tens of thousands of West Bank Palestinians who seek work in Israel on a regular basis, according to the official Palestinian news agency Wafa.

Forces shot at a suspect who vandalised the security fence,’ according to an Israeli army official.

Wages on Israeli farms and building sites are significantly greater …