February 9, 2022

Reps Call On NAFDAC To Investigate Online Drug Sellers

Probe Online Drug Dealers, Reps Order NAFDAC

The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has been implored by the House of Representatives to monitor the conduct of online drug advertisers and sellers in Nigeria.

This emerged after Rep. Onofiok Luke (PDP-Akwa-Ibom) proposed a motion in Abuja on Tuesday.

Luke, who introduced the motion, asserted that there was a need to regulate online advertisers and drug sellers because they were delivering marketing messages to an undisclosed and intended audience.

According to Luke, this was intended to persuade the targeted customers to take a specific action, such as purchasing a product.

Read Also: Why We

Gov Fintiri Restricts Motorcycles In 2 LGAs Over Insecurity

Gov Fintiri Restricts Motorcycles In 2 LGAs Over Insecurity

Adamawa State Governor, Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri has issued an Executive Order banning the use of motorcycles in Mbamba, Yolde Pate and Ngurore communities of Yola South Local Government in a move to stem the tide of insecurity which is bedeviling the State.

Africa Daily News, New York gathered that he also banned their use in Viniklang and Federal Housing Estate in Girei Local Government Area from 5pm to 5am daily.

This new measures were contained in a statement issued by the Press Secretary to the Governor, Humwashi Wonosikou which was issued to newsmen Tuesday.

The statement said, ‘Adamawa State

2023 We Won’t Support Any Northern Candidate – Akeredolu

2023: We Won’t Support Any Northern Candidate – Akeredolu

The Chairman of the Southern Governors’ Forum and present Governor of Ondo State, Mr Rotimi Akeredolu has sent out a warning to political parties against picking its presidential candidates from the north, declaring that governors of the southern states would reject any candidate from the north.

The Ondo Governor also predicted that any political party who goes on to present a northern candidate in the 2023 presidential poll would lose.

He said governors from the south of the country under the auspices of the Southern Governors Forum are determined to ensure that Nigeria’s next president was from the south.

He …

Sex Abuse Scandal Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Apologises

Sex Abuse Scandal: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Apologises

Ex-pope Benedict XVI asked has begged for forgiveness over the clerical child sex abuse committed on his watch, however, his aides have rejected allegations of a cover-up while he was archbishop of Munich.

In a letter published by the Vatican which was obtained by Africa Daily News, New York, the 94-year-old said; ‘I can only express to all the victims of sexual abuse my profound shame, my deep sorrow and my heartfelt request for forgiveness’.

The letter from the former pontiff — who retired sometime in 2013 — was released in response to a German inquiry last month that criticised …