June 2019

Commercial agriculture: Gov. Wike seeks partnership with EU

Commercial agriculture: Gov. Wike seeks partnership with EU

Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike has called on countries of the European Union (EU) to partner the state government to develop commercial agricultural to create jobs.

Wike also called on the EU countries to partner the government to improve its capital waste disposal system.

He spoke on Tuesday at a forum of the European Union Heads of Missions in Abuja, in a presentation titled: “Understanding current political and security situation in Rivers State in particular and Niger Delta region in general”.

The governor said: “We will continue to solicit for targeted development interventions in Rivers State from the European Union …

Terrorism: UK warns against travel to 21 states in Nigeria

Terrorism: UK warns against travel to 21 states in Nigeria

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) of the United Kingdom(UK) has cautioned British nationals against travelling to 21 states in Nigeria.In a statement on its website “updated June 17, 2019” and “still current at June 18, 2019,” the FCO listed the states as: Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Gombe, “riverine areas of Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Cross River States within 20 kilometres of the border with Niger in Zamfara State.

“The FCO advises against all but essential travel to: Bauchi State, Zamfara State, Kano State, Kaduna State, Jigawa State, Katsina State, Kogi State, within 20 kilometres of the border with

EFCC nabs seven suspected Internet fraudsters in Kwara

EFCC nabs seven suspected Internet fraudsters in Kwara

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested four suspected internet fraudsters in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital.

The suspects are: Kayode Obanewo (aka Samantha James), Muhammed Ademola (aka Catherine Smith), Yusuf Rasheed (aka Rebecca Moore) and Apata Oluwakayode (aka Hanna Cole).

It was gathered that the suspects were arrested on June 11 at Mandate Estate Phase II behind Irewolede area of operatives of the Ilorin zonal office of the EFCC.

Read also: Music producer to sue EFCC for parading him as ‘Yahoo Boy

During interrogation, one of the suspects, Obanewo Kayode, told EFCC operatives that he committed the …

Court stops Ganduje, agency’s action against Emir Sanusi

Court stops Ganduje, agency’s action against Emir Sanusi

A Federal High Court sitting in Kano on Tuesday granted an order restraining Kano State Governor, Dr Abdullahi Ganduje and the State Public Complaints and Anti Corruption Commission from acting on the preliminary report on alleged misappropriation of N3.4 billion by the Kano Emirate Council.

The order followed a suit filed on June 7, by Muhammad Mannir-Sanusi, Dan Buran Kano, seeking an order to restrain Ganduje, the Commission and the state Attorney General or their agents from acting on the preliminary report of the investigation.

Read Also: ₦3.4billion: Sanusi denies allegation by Kano State Govt.

Justice Obiara A. Egwuatu, issued …

NNPC: Nigeria daily oil production reaches 2.3mbpd – Baru

NNPC: Nigeria daily oil production reaches 2.3mbpd – Baru

The Group Managing Director, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Dr Maikanti Baru says the country’s daily oil production is currently 2.32million barrel pre day.

Baru disclosed this on Tuesday when a delegation of the Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ) led by its President Mr Chris Isiguzo visited his office in Abuja.

“Since we came in July 2016, we are focused on increasing production of oil and gas and condensates.

“At some point, our national combined production was about a million barrels; I am happy that as at the end of 2018, we have moved on averaging last year, about 2.1 …

S/African Steinhoff posts $1.3 billion loss in 2018 result

S/African Steinhoff posts $1.3 billion loss in 2018 result

South African retailer Steinhoff International Holdings NV on Tuesday reported a narrow loss of 1.2 billion euro ($1.34 billion) for the 2018 fiscal year, in a much-delayed earnings report revealing the impact of an accounting fraud put at $7.27 billion.

Steinhoff, which is also listed in Frankfurt, delayed the results after finding holes in its accounts in December 2017, shocking investors who had backed its reinvention from a small South African furniture outfit into a discount furniture retailer straddling four continents.

The owner of Mattress Firm in the U.S., Fantastic chains in Australia and Conforama in France said the …

Unfathomable Mercy: A full length TV drama series 20

Unfathomable Mercy: A full length TV drama series 20

By Nze Ujunwa MarkAnthony

(All Rights Reserved)

 

60. EXT. COLLINS RES. NIGHT.

COLLINS screeches his CAR into their COMPOUND, making a HELL of NOISE that wakes up his LANDLORD and the WIFE as they feel terribly BAD about his BEHAVIOUR.

 KADIRI


Wakes up and looks through the window
.


MRS. KADIRI

Daddy, who’s that driving in at this ungodly hour?

 KADIRI

Who else if not that foolish boy called Collins.

 MRS. KADIRI

Why is that boy such a nuisance?

 KADIRI

He’s actually giving us headache in this house; I really have to ask them to vacate my apartment.

 MRS.

Biafra: Diaspora supporters solidly behind IPOB leader

Biafra: Diaspora supporters solidly behind IPOB leader

Leader of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB), Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has continued to garner more international support in his foreign tour targeted at restoring the republic of Biafra.

IPOB Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, in a statement on Tuesday in Awka, said Biafrans across the west coast of the USA had publicly pledged their moral and material support for Biafra restoration.

He said many more IPOB family members, influential individuals and diaspora organisations were queuing up to host their leader in various cities across the United States.

He revealed that Kanu would visit Chicago to meet Biafrans in …

7,000 Kebbi Poly students banned from writing exams

7,000 Kebbi Poly students banned from writing exams

The Kebbi Government has appealed  to the management of Umaru Waziri Polytechnic, Birnin Kebbi to reconsider the banning of 7,000 Kebbi students from writing semester examinations over the government failure to settle the students tuition fees.

The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Higher Education, Dr Isah Sama, told newsmen in Birnin Kebbi on Tuesday that the action of the Polytechnic did not reflect the good spirit of understanding between it and the state government.

“We were quite surprised when we heard that the management of the Waziri Umaru Polytechnic, Birnin Kebbi, has denied both our returning and fresh students access …

Nigerian troops lose ₦15 million to Boko Haram in ambush

Boko Haram jihadists attack Nigeria military base, town

Suspected Boko Haram jihadists have overrun a military base and looted a nearby town in northeast Nigeria, security sources and residents said Tuesday, the latest such attack in the restive region.

The raids came a day after 30 people were killed on Sunday in a triple suicide bombing in the region that also bore the hallmarks of Boko Haram.

Boko Haram’s decade-long campaign of violence has killed 27,000 people and displaced about two million in Nigeria.

Late on Monday assailants, arriving on nine armoured trucks, stormed into the military base outside the town of Gajiram, 80 kilometres (50 miles),

Turkey hunts 154 suspects over 2016 failed coup

Turkey hunts 154 suspects over 2016 failed coup

Turkish prosecutors on Tuesday issued detention warrants for no fewer than 154 suspects, including soldiers, over their alleged links to a network believed to be behind a coup attempt in 2016.

“Police launched simultaneous operations in 30 provinces across the country to catch 91 military personnel, including those who were ousted or retired.

Read Also: Violence rages in Syria’s truce zone

“This is on the order of the Chief Public Prosecutor’s Office in the western city of Izmir,’’ the Cumhuriyet daily reported.

According to the daily, police are hunting 63 suspects working for the Turkish Armed Forces in a separate …

Trump to announce re-election bid at Florida rally

Trump to announce re-election bid at Florida rally

U.S. President Donald Trump is set to announce his candidacy for a second four-year term at a rally in Florida.

Trump’s campaign for re-election in 2020 chose the 20,000-seat Amway Centre in the centre of the state to make the announcement on Tuesday.

The event is scheduled to start at 8 p.m (0000 GMT).

Trump has been touting the rally in tweets, claiming there has been a large demand for tickets.

“Big rally tomorrow night in Orlando, Florida, looks to be setting records, we are building large movie screens outside to take care of everybody,’’ Trump tweeted on Monday.

New …